Our Beverly Hills neck lift or a lower facelift is a surgical procedure that restores a youthful, sculpted jawline by reducing sagging skin and fat. It can help to tighten the neck area, smoothing wrinkles and lines for an elegant, natural, youthful look.
What are the benefits of a neck lift?
A neck lift can redefine sagging jowls, remove a double chin, smooth away sagging neck skin and creases, and smooth vertical bands on the neck. A combination of a facelift and neck lift may be the most effective way to rejuvenate your look. When performed by Dr. Cohen, expect a remarkably natural outcome – you will look like you, just younger!
The benefits of a neck lift in Beverly Hills include
- Restores definition to the jawline
- Tightens the neck muscles to smooth unwanted wrinkles and lines
- Removing fat deposits under the skin
- Long-lasting results that will age gracefully with you
What should I expect with a neck lift?
The procedure for a neck lift consists of:
- Anesthetic administered
- Small incisions placed behind each ear
- Depending on your envisioned outcome, a small incision may be placed
- beneath the chin
- Through the incisions, Dr. Cohen will be able to tighten the neck muscle and
- underlying tissues to restore firmness
- Excess, sagging skin removed
- Excess fat is removed
- Vertical bands smoothed
- Stitches are placed to close the incisions
The procedure creates an elegant, youthful look to your jawline and neck.
Will there be any scarring?
The incisions are placed behind the ears, invisible once healed. If you need an incision under your chin, the incision scar is positioned to be hidden from view.
Am I a candidate?
A candidate for a neck lift in Beverly Hills is:
- In good health
- A non-smoker
- Wants to smooth lines, sagging skin, wrinkles and excess fat from the neck area
- Wants a more youthful, defined jawline
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Robert Cohen, our acclaimed, board-certified plastic surgeon, to discuss undergoing a neck lift, so you make an educated decision. Dr. Cohen is known for the personal care and attention he provides each person he treats, and for consistently achieving superior results.
How long is the recovery?
You will need to have someone drive you home after your Beverly Hills neck lift and stay with you for the first night. You will be tired and ready to sleep. You will have prescription pain medication to manage any discomfort in the early stages of healing. The recovery from a neck lift requires about two weeks. In the first few days it is normal to experience some swelling and bruising, which begins to fade at the three-day mark.
You will need to sleep with your head elevated for the first several days to help reduce swelling and bruising and avoid any pressure on the incisions. You will have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Cohen shortly after the treatment to see how your recovery is progressing and to ensure you are healing well. We monitor our patients throughout the recovery period and are always available to answer any questions or concerns.