Your face is usually the first thing people notice about you. Revealing and communicating your emotions, personality, and unique attractive qualities, your face is incredibly important when it comes to who you are. A beautiful smile, firm skin, and an attractive, youthful-looking face can mean the difference in not only how people perceive you, but in your own confidence.
For older people, age and accumulated sun damage takes a toll on the face and causes wrinkles, lines, hollows, and sagging, often leaving people looking for a way to turn back time. Meanwhile, younger people are looking for plumped lips and sculpted cheekbones, and facial contours to enhance their appearance.
Facial fillers are the versatile, nonsurgical answer to these concerns and desires. Quick, simple, and effective, these extremely popular treatments provide exactly what many patients need, whether younger or older, when it comes to personalized cosmetic treatments.
HA, the secret behind most facial fillers
HA (hyaluronic acid) is the natural substance your body generates to hydrate and provide structure to the face. As a person ages, HA begins to be lost and weakened, which in turn causes the facial structure to weaken and form lines, wrinkles, and creases. For some, a loss of fat volume can create hollow-looking contours in the face, especially the cheeks, causing a tired-looking, drained effect.
The majority of facial fillers are based on HA, which mimics the body’s natural ability to moisturize and rejuvenate the skin. HA fillers can leave you looking years younger, with smoother and more supple skin. Lips can be plumped, cheekbones sculpted, and the face generally revitalized.
Facial filler treatments take 15-30 minutes, are generally painless, require no downtime, and provide outstanding results that can last up to a year, or in some cases, up to two years.
Types of Facial fillers
Restylane is a family of dermal fillers that are uniquely designed to address your skincare.
- Restylane Silk - Restylane Silk smoothes the lines around the lips and plumps the lips, providing a full, youthful appearance to your smile.
- Restylane Lyft - This filler is designed to fill and contour parts of the body that have lost volume, such as cheeks, facial wrinkles, and the back of the hands. Volume is added and lines are smoothed.
- Refyne - Refyne is a filler designed to help retain a natural look while smoothing moderate smile and laugh lines.
- Restylane Defyne - This filler can help sculpt and project the chin and smooth deeper laugh lines.
- Restylane Kysse - Kysse is a non-surgical lip augmentation. The lips are filled and plumped, providing a full, supple look.
- Restylane Contour - The newest product from the Restylane line. This non-surgical cheek augmentation is designed to allow more flexibility and range of facial expression while restoring volume and fullness to the cheeks.
Juvéderm is a family of dermal fillers, each specifically designed to address a different skincare goal.
- Juvéderm Volbella - Volbella is a non-surgical lip augmentation. It plumps the lips and provides a full, balanced and symmetrical smile.
- Juvéderm Voluma - This filler is designed to be used as a non-surgical cheek augmentation. Voluma targets volume loss in the cheeks and midface and gives a rejuvenating lift to the face.
- Juvéderm Vollure, Ultra and Ultra Plus - These three fillers are designed to restore the smooth, supple skin of your youth by correcting moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
This HA-based filler is designed to smooth out and fill in moderate-to-severe nasolabial folds (the lines from your nose to your mouth, also known as laugh lines). Belotero Balance also targets other moderate-to-severe deeper lines and wrinkles around the lips and mouth.
Sculptra isn’t made with HA, but instead uses poly L-lactic acid, which stimulates the body to produce collagen, your body’s natural building block to generate new cells, firm skin and a youthful glow. Sculptra can help support the skin’s basic structure, with results lasting up to two years.
Radiesse is based on calcium hydroxylapatite. Calcium hydroxylapatite is a naturally-occurring substance found in the bones and it helps stimulate natural collagen production, which in turn provides structure and firmness to the skin.
Radiesse targets deeper lines and wrinkles, leaving the face looking firmer, smoother, and younger. It lasts for about one year.
Bellafill is a unique filler that is based on polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA). This substance is in the form of a tiny ball that is injected beneath the skin, providing continued support to the area and boosting collagen production.
Bellafill is semi-permanent and is used to treat moderate to severe wrinkles, folds, and lines, such as laugh lines. Bellafill can also be used to minimize and reduce acne scars.
Why should I choose Dr. Robert Cohen?
Dr. Cohen attended an elite Ivy League program in plastic and reconstructive techniques at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, working side by side with among the industry’s top scientific minds. Dr. Cohen has been named a “Top Doc” in Phoenix Magazine and Castle Connolly. Dr. Cohen oversees all treatments and facial fillers provided at Cohen Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Cohen is an award-winning, board-certified plastic surgeon who goes above and beyond for his clients, giving each patient personalized, exceptional care. His reputation for excellence and artistry make him a popular choice for those looking for the highest standard of care in a welcoming, luxurious environment.