Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, revitalizes the appearance of your eyes by removing excess fat and skin and tightening loose muscles. The surgery removes drooping eyelid skin, creating a more youthful, refreshed look. A blepharoplasty in Beverly Hills can help you look years younger than you are.
What is blepharoplasty, and how does it help?
Blepharoplasty is plastic surgery performed on either the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. The surgery is customized specifically for you. Eyelid surgery does more than remove excess skin. In many cases, the levator muscles that lift the eyelids may need tightening. Every person's eyes age slightly differently. Some may develop heavy upper eyelids that droop or excess fat on the eyelids. Others may have heavier lower lids that look puffy and saggy or have under-eye bags. All of these issues can be resolved with a custom eyelid surgery performed by Dr. Cohen.
What are the benefits of blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery in Beverly Hills may be both a cosmetic and functional surgery. Our eyes are an enormous part of how we interact with others. As the skin loses its youthful firmness, the eyelids can become heavy and folded, hiding the upper part of your eyes, leaving you looking old and tired. A well-performed blepharoplasty can take years off of your appearance and improve vision. Some of the benefits of blepharoplasty include:
- Your eyes will appear more youthful and alert
- Eases eye tension and strain
- Excess skin is removed
- Heavy lower lids or undereye bags are corrected (lower eyelid surgery)
Am I a candidate?
You could be a candidate if you want to restore a more youthful look to your upper face. Candidates for eyelid surgery:
- Are in good health and are medically able to undergo surgery
- Have no current infections in or around the eyes
- Are non-smokers
- Have excess skin or fat on their eyelids
- Have limited peripheral vision
Eyelid surgery timeline
Depending on whether the surgery involves both the upper and lower eyelids, it will vary in time and approach. Often both lids are addressed during surgery. The timeline of your Beverly Hills eyelid surgery will be as follows:
- Anesthesia is administered
- An incision is placed along the natural crease of the upper lid, where the scar will be invisible once healed.
- Excess fat and skin are removed, and muscles tightened.
- The incisions are closed with tiny, delicate sutures.
- If surgery is being performed on the lower eyelid, an incision may be placed along the inside of the lower lid or the outer crease just below the lash line to remove excess skin and fat.
After surgery, your eyes will be dressed with a protective bandage. You will need another person to drive you home after the surgery and to assist you for the first day or two. You will have full, post-surgical instructions. You will need to:
- Wear sunglasses throughout your recovery period to protect your eyes
- Avoid bending over
- No heavy lifting
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated
- Do not rub or touch your eyes
The recovery takes about ten to fourteen days. It will take a few months to achieve the full result of your surgery.
Why should I choose Dr. Robert Cohen?
Dr. Robert Cohen is a board-certified plastic surgeon with years of training and experience. He is known for his ability to create beautiful results with eyelid surgery. He is gifted with artistry and the ability to achieve a fresh, natural look. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Robert Cohen today to see how he can help you look and feel years younger – it is well worth it!